Music Blog


After I finished editing my final task, I thought it was good without music, but I knew I had to use music in it. I didn't feel like the words in any song I liked would work with my movie. I also really didn't want to e-mail a muscian who might never reply to me. Plus I wasn't really sure how to go about it. So I waited and waited and waited. But I knew I couldn't wait any longer. 

My mom recommended that I choose a song that had a good section of instrumentals. I remembered that my dad's friend's son had just recorded a song on Spotify. I remembered that had a really good guitar part. So, I listened to it and felt that it could be a good fit. 


 
 
The next step was to e-mail him and ask permission to use the song. I wanted to be sure that he understood how long of a section of music I would be using and where I would be showing it. Since I am in the US and the team of professors at Cambridge who will review it are in the UK, I asked for the rights to show it in the US and UK. I asked my mom to get an e-mail address for the musician. She texted his mom and sent it to me. Then I wrote him an e-mail. I requested the rights of up to 20 seconds in the US and UK from him. He wrote back the next morning and said I could use it. The next steps will be to put it into my video and update the title screen for Music. I'm excited to see how it turns out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog